Become a Potluck Partner!! Sign up to Sponsor and Serve Dinner to Our Families…
What does sponsoring dinner do for the families of the Center?
Sponsoring and serving dinner will be a special experience. Food joins the masses and brings people together during difficult times. You and your group will have the opportunity to unite and comfort grieving families while serving a meal.
What is my time commitment?
It only takes a little over one hour to make a difference. From 5:45pm – 7:15pm on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays or Thursdays.
What will I have to do?
A Potluck Partner sponsors, serves and oversees potluck dinners which precede the support group program each night by carrying out the following tasks:
- Set up the kitchen before 6:30pm with food, plates, napkins, silverware, cups and drinks
- Greet the families and serve dinner (families eat from 6:30pm-7:00pm)
- Clean the kitchen and dining room after the meal & start the dishwashers (2)
- Dispose of trash in the outside dumpster
What should I serve?
Dinners can range from pizza to tacos to casseroles. Please do not serve anything with peanuts or peanut butter due to allergies. It is totally up to you or your group. Just remember your dinner will serve children (ages 6-17) and adults.
How many families should I plan to serve?
With each group night the number of families varies, but most potluck partners plan to serve 50 – 60 people.
The Center provides the following items:
- Cups, plates, napkins and utensils
- Coffee, lemonade & tea mix, water and pitchers
- Oven and microwave