Thank you for your interest in being a group facilitator. As a facilitator, you will be assisting in our group activities and providing support to children/teens/young adults and/or their caregivers who are grieving the death of a loved one.
1. Serve as member of the Volunteer Facilitator Team for one year.
2. Consistently attend support groups including pre-group and post-group meetings (evening groups are 5:45-9:00 pm). Saturday and Sunday groups are 12-3 pm.
3. Provide emotional support to children/teens and families during the bereavement process
4. Listen to a bereaved person’s personal story with empathetic assurance of the grief process
5. Reserve confidentiality of client/family concerns
1. Be empathetic to bereaved families
2. Have a genuine concern for children/teens/adults
3. Be prompt and dedicated
4. Be flexible and open to change in meeting the spoken & unspoken needs of those in grief
5. Complete the volunteer application process – including DPS clearance
6. Complete Facilitator Training
Time and Place:
All support group sessions are currently held at 205 West Olmos Drive. Facilitators are assigned to a program night based on their availability. Facilitators will work with a specific age group on their assigned program night/afternoon.
One Year (For Students: Continuing an additional semester will be at the discretion of the Program Director.)
Program Coordinator for specific group and Director of Programs
Applications for Group Facilitators are accepted year round but you do have to attend a volunteer training session.
Deadline the next round of Group Facilitator applications for Fall 2019 is June 14th!
To apply for a Group Facilitator position, please submit the following to [email protected]*
- Completed volunteer application form
*Please note, in order to be eligible for an interview, all documents above must be submitted.