This two part presentation will be held in the Holy Spirit Hall at Healy Murphy School, on Friday November 3rd from 1-5 pm.
Melissa Deuter, MD and Elizabeth K. Hartwig, PhD, LPC-S, Registered Play Therapist-S will be teaming up together to give you a day of “Healing and Resilience with Children and Adolescents.”
3.5 CEUs available
For More information, please contact the Center at 210-736-4847.
Parenting Kids Today for Good Mental Health Tomorrow
Presented by Dr. Melissa Deuter
1. Clinicians will learn to assess the role of family systems and family dynamics in the mental health issues of children and adolescents.
2. Clinicians will learn techniques to intervene and family issues that affect the mental health of children and adolescents.
3. Clinicians will learn to educate parents and teach techniques for improving their children’s mental health
Hope and Healing with Sandtray: Processing Grief in the Sand
Facilitator: Elizabeth Kjellstrand Hartwig, PhD, LPC-S, LMFT, RPT-S
Sandtray can be a powerful technique to help clients heal. Join us as we explore how sandtray can be used to help clients find hope and healing through grief work and play therapy. This experiential workshop will provide opportunities for participants to practice creating sandtrays that focus on grief work and moving forward.
1. After the workshop, participants will be able to:
2. Identify the challenges children and families face after the death of a loved one,
3. Explore Worden’s Four Tasks of Mourning,
4. Identify rationale for using sandtray in grief work and play therapy,
5. Apply sandtray approaches to Worden’s Tasks of Mourning in the context of a play therapy setting.