Grief Camps are a great resource to help normalize individual reactions to grief by allowing children to interact with peers who have suffered similar loss. Grief camps often engage children in therapeutic activities that incorporate art, writing, music and movement to help process feelings of grief. Children who attend grief camps learn to develop healthy coping skills while restoring a sense of normalcy with peers and surviving family members.
Your child may benefit from our program if you notice they are experiencing one or more of the following:
- have trouble concentrating in class
- come to your office often to seek attention, but have difficulty explaining why
- withdraw from peers or social activities they once enjoyed
- express frequent somatic complaints (headache or stomachache)
- have increased anger outbursts
Camp Heroes is ideal for any child:
- Ages 8-11 years
- Currently enrolled in an elementary school in Bexar County
- Have experienced the death of a family member within the last two years
Click HERE for more information on Camp Heroes.
Please contact Tami Logsdon, Program Director for more information on the camp process at firstname.lastname@example.org or (210)736-4847, ext. 221
Can’t make it to San Antonio?
Follow the link below to find a grief camp in near you.